Reporting to: Accounts Supervisor
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Accounts Administrator-maternity cover, to join our team based in Sheffield. Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor and the Finance Manager, they key purpose of this role will be to assist in the smooth running of the Finance department. The post-holder will be experienced in both accounts and general administration duties. The Accounts Administrator will be required to monitor, record, report and action the requirements of the work-load to ensure best service to both internal and external customers within agreed timescales.
- Purchase ledger duties including checking and matching purchase orders, delivery dockets and invoices, reconciling supplier statements and dealing with any purchase ledger queries from suppliers and staff.
- Sales ledger administration.
- Update and maintain approved supplier and subcontractor records.
- Assist in the preparation of management information reports.
- Input finance information into the works management and accounting software.
- Undertake credit control activity making prompt contact with sub-contractors and suppliers effectively resolving errors and issues, escalating problems to the Accounts Supervisor as appropriate.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) – essential.
- Excellent numerical skills – essential
- Proven administration experience – essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office –-essential
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity – essential
- Ability to manage a number of tasks concurrently – essential
- Knowledge and experience of Purchase & Sales Ledger – essential
- GCSE Maths & English Grade C/Grade 4 or above – desirable
Core Qualities and Attributes:
- Reliability – responsible and dependable.
- Independence – able to manage own workload with minimum supervision. Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Attention to detail – job requires being accurate in interpreting and communicating commercial details. Accurate data input requirements on internal and external works management systems.
- Possess an understanding of the demands related to working in a busy small accounting team.
- Possess energy and enthusiasm with a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or alternatively direct to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.