Location: Finchley, North London
Reports to: Regional FM Manager
Bellrock FM Services is recruiting for an Area Building Service Technician to join our onsite team based in North Finchley. The post holder will be responsible for the provision of a day-to-day general maintenance service, which includes the carrying out of routine PPM tasks, reactive maintenance and to monitor the delivery of contracted services. This is a key post and forms an integral part of Bellrock’s approach to delivering a prompt and reactive service to the building users.
- Daily check of interior and exterior condition of the premises, the plant room and lift installations ensuring defects are reported and graffiti are removed.
- To carry out, where qualified, or assist technicians with the PPM tasks.
- To carry out, where qualified, or assist technicians with remedial work.
- Record utility services meter readings.
- To monitor temperature of the building daily, check water temperatures at draw-off points and adjust boiler settings/room settings as required.
- Carry out weekly tests on fire alarms.
- Liaise with sub-contractors for compliance with permit to work system ensuring risk assessments, Health & Safety and quality of completed works.
- Provide a reactive service to carryout minor maintenance items: minor repairs, replacement of light bulbs, unblocking of taps/toilets, inspection lubrication and minor adjustments to pumps air handling units and fans, door and frame repairs, door closer repair and replacement, suspended ceiling repairs, door furniture repairs, glazing repairs, signage repairs, ladder and step-ladder inspection for H&S, minor plastering repairs, decorating repairs, lock repair replacement.
- Clean designated facility areas.
- General external litter collection and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work constructively with a wide range of professional staff at all levels.
- Ability to think creatively, positively and present ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Desire to provide an excellent maintenance service and commitments to delivering an environment conducive to high quality healthcare.
Qualifications / Experience
- City and Guilds in a hard services related discipline preferred.
- Experience of health and safety, risk assessment, contractor management and issuing permits, industry qualification desirable.
- 2 to 3 years experience working in a maintenance environment.
- Must be numerate and IT literate for the purpose of communications and recording of information.
- Must be physically able to fulfil all designated duties.
- Must be self-motivated, pro-active and require minimal supervision.
- Full, clean driving licence – vehicle for company use only supplied.
Appointed applicant must pass Enhanced DBS Check.
In return Bellrock are offering a competitive salary. Working hours are Monday – Friday based on 37.5 hours per week and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme, Private Life Insurance and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.