Location: Bridport / Dorset
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
The opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Facilities Manager in Bridport. The key purpose of this role is to be primarily engaged in the planned preventative maintenance, and breakdown repairs, to a wide range of building services. The post holder will undertake a full range of duties appropriate to their core specialist skills. They will carry out multi-disciplined activities within the scope of the individual’s training/competence.
- To provide leadership and direction to the FM service team, and suppliers in the absence of the Facilities Manager, in conjunction with Senior Administrator
- Carry out/supervise all repairs and maintenance to all building services equipment and controls including boilers, heating systems, ventilation systems and domestic hot and cold water systems
- Work to the planned maintenance schedule, delivering outputs within the constraints of time, quality and safety
- Investigate, analyse and rectify faults efficiently and effectively on a wide range of building, electrical and engineering services
- Maintain operation of alarm systems in accordance with standard procedures and manufacturers instructions
- Carry radio/mobile phone for communication with other personnel
- Provide assistance to all aspects of the site services teams as may be required, within appropriate skill level
- Participate in on-call rota, responding to emergency call-outs, working overtime, as required
- Order and collect materials and supplies as required, and maintain stock levels
- Oversee and support the opening and closing premises, facilities and grounds to meet the routine and non-routine requirements of the building occupants as necessary.
- The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post
- Oversee and support caretaking/maintenance team and supply lines
- Sound knowledge of electrical and plumbing installations
- Experience of PAT Testing would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety within FM environment
- Ability to work unsupervised, as well as working part of a team
- Proactive problem solving and organization of work tasks
In return Bellrock are offering a competitive salary per year. Working hours are Monday – Friday based on 37 hours per week and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.