Reporting to: Operations Director
The opportunity has arisen for the Building Operations Manager to join our M&E team based in Sheffield. The Building Operations Manager will oversee and manage planned, reactive and refurbishment fabric works within a designated geographical area. The post holder will be responsible for work in progress from quotation through to completion. You will ensure that all works are completed on time, in budget and to the required standard. Managing client expectations will be a key purpose of the role along with supervision of a designated team of engineers.
- Work with designated Schedulers to effectively plan weekly labour requirements within regional area.
- Communicate/clarify a weekly programme of works.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to designated engineers within own area of expertise.
- Provide technical advice and guidance within own area of expertise.
- Identify and address engineer work performance and/or capability issues. Escalate concerns when necessary.
- Conduct site surveys and recommend a solutions-oriented approach to reactive maintenance issues including second price options.
- Estimate labour, materials and hired plant costs.
- Manage the red report and quote request process.
- Provide clients with timely detailed quotations for reactive maintenance follow-on works.
- Monitor & manage costs to ensure jobs make the required profit margin.
- Assist in resolving billing problems to ensure sales invoices hit monthly sales targets.
- Manage aged orders/reduced old WIP within own geographical/trade area.
- Assist in monitoring practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant SHE legislation and regulations in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure H&S consideration are built into the design and preparation of reactive maintenance work.
- Preparation of site-specific risk & method statements and construction phase plans.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of the construction industry – essential
- Construction Trade background & relevant construction/joinery NVQ – desirable.
- SMSTS – desirable.
- Ability to read drawings and design specifications – essential.
- Evidence of continued professional development – desirable.
- Full driving licence – essential
- Proven supervisory skills – proven ability to lead and manage individual performance -essential
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) – essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – various data input processes -essential
- Previous contract management experience – desirable
- Good level of commercial acumen – essential.
- Sound understanding of Health, Safety and environmental legislation and working practices – essential.
CORE QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Team orientated.
- Commitment to drive and promote health & safety improvements and practices.
- Able to inspire and motivate others.
- Reliability – responsible and dependable.
- Independence – able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Attention to detail – job requires being accurate in interpreting and communicating commercial details. Accurate data input requirements on internal and external works management systems.
- Commitment to serving the customer at the highest level.
- Solutions orientated.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE