Reports to: Head of Real Estate Services
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Charge Consultant to join our Real Estate Team at our Bristol Office. This is a challenging position within a consultancy team that features a breadth of complementary skills. The successful individual will have a good technical knowledge of commercial property construction, design and defects analysis, but also the ability to present findings and opinion in an organised and logical way leading to the use of negotiation skills which from time to time may involve forms of ADR.
- The assessment of Landlord’s proposals to undertake capital works on major building fabric projects. This will include reporting upon condition, defects diagnosis and the assessment of repairs / replacement options.
- Assessment and advice on repairing obligations, cost recoverability and other lease provisions.
- Negotiating with Landlords and / or their consultants in relation to capital works / maintenance proposals and acting as a Client / Landlord interface.
- Reviewing service charge costs and assessing recovery based upon lease provisions. Reviewing service provisions at buildings and liaising with Landlords and / or the agents.
- Reviewing service contracts, assessing service standards and advising on costs.
- Attending negotiations with Landlords or their agents and Tenant / Client meetings.
- Reviewing service charge cost recoveries, budgets and certificates.
- Acting as an Expert Witness in service charge or other related disputes.
- Developing a thorough knowledge of service charge consultancy, the RICS Professional Statement and relevant legal cases in order to advise both Landlords and Tenants on management, lease compliant, contract compliant and service charge recoverability.
Requirements and Experience
- Analytical and excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including a good telephone manner ensuring client relationships are constantly met with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven customer service skills with the ability to work with all levels of management and client
- Ability to multitask
- Able to prioritise workload and manage working time effectively
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link.