Location: Home Based
Reporting to: Head of Sales Operations
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Director. This is a home-based national role and will involve the associated travel to prospective client premises, so a UK driving license is essential.
We are looking for a high calibre individual to join the small but focused sales team, to extend our reach into new sectors and further cross sell within our wider group. A proven track record of success in a business-to-business sales role is essential, as is experience selling compliance, fire and health & safety services in the private sector would be a distinct advantage.
- Build a high-quality sales opportunity pipeline for the allocated sectors. Focusing on engaging with new potential clients and new business with our existing clients
- Achieve revenue and margin targets as determined by the business
- Create and maintain a sector development plan. Work within the existing BD team and group marketing resources based in Leicester
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective relationships with key decision makers at senior level with client stakeholders, property consultants and procurement specialist/consultants, etc.
- Represent the business as the “single point of contact” for all owned opportunities in the active pipeline. Update and manage your pipeline in the CRM system
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows and CPD events
- Write/contribute/manage PQQ and ITT documents and processes as well as more informal bids. Work with the Bellrock bid team where cross sell opportunities arise and where NIFES services are part of a larger FM based bid
- Attend BD and Sales & Marketing meetings as required
- Ensure that the CRM system is updated daily
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Technical experience, notably H&S, compliance and ideally fire risk assessments / compartmentation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong team ethos, self-starting and enthusiastic
- Clear and concise writing style
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, whilst maintaining an eye for detail
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate at all levels within the business
Pay & Benefits:
- An attractive package, with a very competitive experience-based salary, plus commission.
- A bonus and commission apply to this role (details provided separately)
- Generous Annual Leave – 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays.
- Perks – Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including Curry’s, John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and ASOS), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation, and travel bookings
- Bellrock Buzz – health and wellbeing support and advice
- Multiple office locations across the UK with a headquartered team in our Leicester Hub
- Charity Fundraising – Proud to be a sponsor of Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance and Medical Cover
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.