Reporting to: Facilities Manager
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Caretaker to join our onsite team at Bolton. The main purpose of the role is to aid and assist the Facilities Manager in delivering all services, ensuring compliance and contractual obligations are met throughout, whilst maintaining an efficient and operational building. To undertake a wide range of site housekeeping and general labouring type duties, including reactive daytime cleaning, porterage, security and maintenance. The post holder will carry out multi-disciplined activities within the scope of the individuals’ training/competence.
- To support the Facilities Manager and Head Caretaker in the delivery of all services in line with the contractual obligations under the PFI contract agreement.
- Open/close premises, facilities, and grounds to meet the contractual building operating hours and any agreed ad hoc requests.
- Carry out a variety of statutory and non-statutory periodic checks and tasks, recording information accurately.
- To undertake reactive and planned maintenance tasks generated by the Concerto helpdesk.
- To liaise with the helpdesk team ensuring that events/tasks are completed within the Service Level Agreement and appropriately documented on the helpdesk.
- Management of contractors, signing in, conducting inductions, issuing permit to works and ensuring all works are carried out as per specification and safely.
- Locking/unlocking premises as required.
- Carry out emergency repairs to ensure the building security is maintained.
- Assist with general maintenance tasks as required.
- Preparing rooms and halls for a range of uses, including setting out, removal and storage of furniture and equipment, erecting and dismantling stages and platforms.
- To undertake the movement of furniture, deliveries and equipment as required
- Carry out non-routine ‘daytime cleaning’ tasks such as spillages, as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by line management.
- Ensuring correct procedures are followed concerning HR policies.
- Attend any training, both statutory and mandatory, in-line with Bellrock’s legal responsibilities
- Ensure that working areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Identify and report potential safety and security issues.
- Carry out security procedures for the building, facilities, and grounds, i.e. security inspections, lock /unlock doors as instructed by the Facilities Manager, activate/deactivate automated alarm equipment, identify repairs, suspicious occurrences and liaise with Facilities Manager on any issues.
- Direct contractors on site, ensuring their needs are met with regards to access. Clear areas, availability of services, parking, plant positioning, security etc. to the satisfaction of both the contractor and the Facilities Manager.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of fuel and essential maintenance materials are available.
- Monitor standards of contractors on-site and inform the Facilities Manager of any deviation from the standards.
- Take delivery of stores, materials and other goods and ensure that they are stored correctly.
- Completion of relevant Permit to Works with contractors prior to commencement of works and ensure all works are carried out in accordance with Risk Assessments/Method Statements.
- Operating the water, electricity, and heating systems to specified standards ensuring conservation measures are taken.
- Maintenance of tools, spares and general supplies ensuring adequate stock levels at all times.
- Carry out routine operating procedures and site inspections on ancillary equipment or facilities.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety within FM environment, Ability to work unsupervised as well as working as part of a team.
- Experience of caretaking, cleaning, and security
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery-attention to detail is essential.
- A flexible approach to work and able to be part of on call and weekend working rotas.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Previous experience in the operation of the heating plant
Interaction with Others:
- Daily contact with Contract Manager and reception regarding day to day activities
- Working environment where children may be present a Disclosure and barring service check is required.
Week 1: Monday to Friday 05:30-14:00
Week 2: Monday to Friday 8:00-16:40
Week 3: Monday to Friday 13:30-22:00 and Saturday 07:00 -11:00
Week 4: Monday to Friday 05:30-14:00
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or alternatively direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.