Reporting to: Facilities Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a caretaker based in Bridport, Dorset. The caretaker will be responsible for the maintenance, presentation and security of the site buildings, observing health and safety regulations. The post holder is required to report all major defects and issues to the appropriate line manager.
- Ensure equipment used by care-taking staff is validated and is in a safe and working condition and support the cleaning staff to undertake the same responsibility.
- To monitor the health and safety standards within the building as may apply under Health and Safety Legislation regarding aspects, including: water temperature, unsafe fittings, fabric or furniture, maintaining access and egress routes, hazard warnings/instructional notices/emergency instructions are displayed not damaged or obstructed.
- Open and close premises, facilities and grounds to meet the routine and non-routine requirements of the building occupants.
- Operate the electricity, water and heating systems to specified standards.
- Carry out emergency repairs to ensure building security is maintained.
- Carry out security procedures for the building, facilities and grounds, i.e. security inspections, activate/deactivate alarm equipment, identify repairs, identify suspicious occurrences and liaise with the Police and authorities accordingly.
- Direct contractors to site, ensuring that their needs are met with regards to access, clear areas, availability of services, parking, plant positioning, security etc. to the satisfaction of both the contractor and the line manager.
- On behalf of the company act as a liaison point to monitor the progress of defect rectification work with contractors to ensure that defects are repaired promptly within agreed timescales.
- Ordering of fuel, ensuring its efficient use and controlling boiler settings and timings.
- To adhere to all Company HR policies and procedures, including Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, as required.
- Customer service skills – ensure that all visitors are dealt with courteously.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Supervisory skills, but with ability to work as a team member.
- Working hours are Monday- Friday 2.30pm-10pm
In return Bellrock are offering competitive salary. Working hours are Monday – Friday based on 37.5 hours per week and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.