Reporting to: Facilities Manager
The opportunity has arisen for a Caretaker based in Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School, LS5 4QE. This is a temporary fixed term 3 month contract. The key purpose is to be primarily engaged in the planned preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs to a wide range of building services. The post holder will carry out multi-disciplined activities within the scope of the individual’s training/competence.
- Undertake Planned Maintenance in accordance with the PPM Programme
- Carry out security procedures for the building, facilities and grounds, i.e. Security inspections, lock/unlock doors as instructed by the Facilities Manager, activate/deactivate automated alarm equipment, identify repairs, suspicious occurrences and liaise with Facilities Manager on any issues
- Operation of the heating plant so that adequate temperatures can be maintained in the premises and that a supply of hot water is provided within the statutory temperature range
- Carry out routine operating procedures and site inspections on ancillary equipment or facilities and perform occasional non-routine cleaning tasks
- Carry out emergency repairs to ensure that building security is maintained
- Maintenance of paint, timber and general supplies ensuring adequate stock levels at all times
- Direct Contractors on Site and monitoring performance standard, ensuring their needs are met with regards to access, clear areas, availability of services.
- Ensure that all hard surfaced areas are free from weeds and litter as far as reasonably practicable, and ensure that drain gullies, toilet and sink outlets remain free following and clean
- Take delivery of stores, materials and other goods and ensure that they are stored correctly
- Monitoring the premises including sport pitches and grounds to identify and report works required, including instances affecting Health & Safety, vandalism and willful damage-report accordingly to Facilities Manager /Helpdesk
Monday to Thursday: 7.15 a.m. to 3.45 p.m.
Friday: 7.15 a.m. to 3.15 p.m.
*********THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE SUBJECTED TO A DBS CHECK *********
In return Bellrock are offering a competitive salary. Working hours are Monday to Friday based on 37 hours per week and 20 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.