Location: Newton Mearns
Reporting to: Catering Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Catering Assistant based in Newton Mearns. The key purpose of this role is to carry out cleaning and catering duties in accordance with the contract specific standards, under direction of the Soft Services Manager, Cleaning Supervisor, Catering Manager or their deputy. To carry out cleaning and duties in accordance with safe working practices and work as an effective member of the team, with limited disruption to the client.
- To work in a safe and healthy manner for the benefit of the facilities assistant, company personnel, client personnel, other contractors, visitors and members of the public
- To ensure that statutory requirements, codes of practice and procedures relating to the Health and Safety at Work and any other relevant enhancements are met in full
- To correctly wear the personal protective equipment supplied in the areas designated for this
- To maintain and be responsible for the safe use and storage of all cleaning materials and equipment used in the course of his/her duties
- To report defects, deficiencies or health and safety related issues to the supervisor with minimum delay
- To display appropriate signage to ensure that occupants of the building are aware of any circumstances that may affect their health and safety whilst cleaning operations are taking place
- Ensure that the right equipment is correctly used and the colour coding policy adhered to
- Undertake regular inspections of all departmental equipment, reporting on the condition of equipment and/or damage
- Duties may include: cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, mopping and buffing, emptying litter bins and removing waste to designated disposal points, polishing, during of designated areas, which include toilet and associated facilities, fixtures and fittings, using the necessary powered equipment, where appropriate and with relevant training
- Serving of meals to customers, temperature recording and sampling of foods as documented.
- Maintain a high standard of kitchen hygiene and safety. This includes appropriate storage of all foods within the kitchen environment; recording of temperatures as documented is essential.
- General kitchen and restaurant duties, e.g. washing of crockery, cutlery and equipment; setting up and clearing away food and equipment, cleaning of kitchen, its surrounds and equipment.
- Operation of tills and money handling and cashing up.
- Maintain excellent personal hygiene in accordance with the Food Safety Act and any other relevant legislation.
- To ensure compliance concerning regulations relating to Health and Safety in the workplace to self and others.
- To participate in the provision of a cost effective, value for money Catering Service.
- Any other reasonable and appropriate duties as directed by line manager or supervisor
- Attend recognised training in relation to Food Safety, Nutrition and Health and safety.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.