Reporting to: Cleaning Supervisor
The opportunity has arisen for a part time cleaner based in Leeds. The successful candidates will be responsible for the general cleaning of the premises in accordance with the contract specific standards, under the direction of the Cleaning Supervisor. To carry out cleaning duties in accordance with safe working practices and work as an effective member of the team, with limited disruption to the client.
- To work in a safe and healthy manner for the benefit of the cleaner, company personnel, client personnel, other contractors, visitors and members of the public
- To ensure that statutory requirements, codes of practice and procedures relating to the Health and Safety at Work and any other relevant enhancements are met in full
- To correctly wear the personal protective equipment supplied in the areas designated for this
- To maintain and be responsible for the safe use and storage of all cleaning materials and equipment used during his/her duties
- To report defects, deficiencies or health and safety related issues to the supervisor with minimum delay
- To display appropriate signage to ensure that occupants of the building are aware of any circumstances that may affect their health and safety whilst cleaning operations are taking place
- Ensure that the right equipment is correctly used, and the colour coding policy adhered to
- Undertake regular inspections of all departmental equipment, reporting on the condition of equipment and/or damage
- Duties may include: cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, mopping and buffing, emptying litter bins and removing waste to designated disposal points, polishing, during of designated areas, which include toilet and associated facilities, fixtures and fittings, using the necessary powered equipment, where appropriate and with relevant training
- To ensure correct and efficient use of all cleaning equipment, supplies and materials
- Ensuring correct procedures are followed concerning HR policies and procedures, including Disclosure and Barring Service Checks as require
Competencies, Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Previous experience of a similar role would be beneficial
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Customer service skills
- Flexible and positive approach to team working
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to use cleaning machinery in a safe manner
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation would be beneficial
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.