Location: Head Office, Leicester
Reports to: Head of Bidding & Solutions
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Manager to join our Group Bid Team at our Head Office in Leicester.
Commercial manager will be responsible for supporting a variety of proposals and bids with varying levels of complexity across our four main business work streams. With strong financial and legal skills, you will be able to create compelling and competitive financial solutions in accordance with the appropriate industry standards (e.g. HTM and SFG20) and report on the commercial risk profile of any opportunity. Your experience will also contribute to the continuous improvement of our internal Bidding and Governance Process.
- Owning, producing and tracking commercial models to facilitate commercial based decision making.
- Understanding the client business drivers for a given pursuit, supporting the development of an appropriate commercial solution and model and contributing to the win strategy.
- Understand the commercial and contractual terms of each bidding opportunity and ensure commercial risks are identified and quantified within the cost model.
- Present our final financial solution and the contract commercial risk profile (including mitigations) to our Board of Directors as part of our Governance Process.
- Complete and present financial implications of any contractual requirements e.g. KPIs/SLAs etc.
- Work with the wider business to manage risks, mitigations and assumptions.
- Owning the internal cost model and client pricing model for all opportunities.
- Ensuring appropriate costing/estimating standards are applied to qualified customer opportunities.
- Developing and articulating pricing and risk assumptions to the business / pursuit team.
- Applying benchmarking standards and competitor analysis.
- Support the Business Development Directors in attending prospective client site visits as part of the procurement process.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer and contractual issues are raised and flagged.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Create P&L and cashflow forecast for each bidding opportunity.
- Handover cost model to operations and finance ensuring full understanding of income vs. expenditure.
Core Qualities and Attributes
- Contracts experience and a demonstrable track record of owning and delivery pre and post contract activity, including:
- Good understanding of the bidding process in both the public and private sector
- Ability to identify and analyse key commercial risks such as KPIs, SLAs and contractual dependencies
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of contract law
- Good working knowledge of GDPR
- Sound financial acumen (P&L, cashflow, balance sheets) and understanding of financial modelling, contract pricing and differing pricing models
- Producing reports and summaries which clearly articulate key matter for senior and/or non-commercial individuals
- Advanced Excel skills to support financial modelling
- Diligent in document record keeping and maintenance of audit trails
- Starter – Finisher: seeing activities through to successful completion
- Resilient, self-motivated, dynamic and efficient
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Have good communications skills and a team ethos approach
In return Bellrock are offering a competitive salary. Working hours are Monday – Friday based on 37.5 hours per week and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.