Location: Leicester HQ
Reporting to: Head of Program Management
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Data Scientist to join Workplace and Compliance team based in our Head Office, Leicester. This role is key to Bellrock’s ambition to deliver truly pro-active services to our customers – we are re-inventing the way facilities management is delivered. Using multiple data sources including air quality, energy and maintenance you will develop a rules-based approach to understanding and using this data operationally. These rules and bespoke models will enable our operations team to intervene in real time and demonstrate how they are adding value to the building users. In turn this will also allow each property to deliver it’s net zero carbon, health and well-being and cost efficiency objectives.
Role profile & Expectations:
- You will collaborate with the relevant IT and operational stakeholders to deliver insight and identify opportunities for interventions
- Design, develop and evaluate advance predictive models to enhance the quality and scope of data delivered at property level
- Communicate the selected analytical methodology and the associated trade-offs for the problem at hand to internal and external stakeholders
- Design and implement rules which allow the operational teams to tailor services and deliver bespoke strategies at property level
- Work with the software development and modelling team to deploy the developed models across all of the LGIM buildings
- Explore and identify innovative data techniques and data analytic solutions that add value at property and portfolio level
- You will have a deep understanding of data analysis, statistics and machine learning algorithms.
- Performing hypothesis testing and analysis to understand the effectiveness of different interventions
- Creating live dashboards to present data and analysis, including indicating changes in building trends and performance
- Set clear and precise communication channels with the client and ensure regular updates and feedback is in place
Competencies, Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an analytical role, either in a commercial or academic environment
- Demonstratable experience analysing data with a programming language; this could be Python, R, or similar
- Knowledge of multiple data science methodologies
- Ability to read and understand research papers.
- Critical thinking, scepticism, ability to debunk jargon.
- Ability to translate complex problems into discrete solutions.
- Understanding of data analysis and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in Agile delivery methodologies.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with cross functional teams located in different countries.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Be prepared to have a flexible and innovative approach to working.
- Real passion and enthusiasm to succeed.
- Fully IT literate across Microsoft
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or alternatively direct firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.