Bellrock Property & Facilities Management Ltd provides specialist risk focussed workplace management and property management services to a wide range of complex and sophisticated clients throughout the UK. Operating in the corporate, healthcare, education, retail & leisure and local authority & central government sectors, we create and implement bespoke solutions to improve the performance and value derived from non-core activity.
We are recruiting for a Domestic Assistant to join our onsite team based at Hospital in Thatcham. You will be part of frontline team, who will be servicing COVID-19 ward.
The post holder will be responsible for the general cleaning of the premises in accordance with the contract specific standards, under direction of the cleaning supervisor. They will carry out an efficient, effective and responsive high quality cleaning service in accordance with safe working practices and work as an effective member of the team, with limited disruption to the client.
The cleaning service aims to prevent the spread of infection, preserve the life of the building fabric and furnishings, and provide a socially acceptable environment.
Safety, Health and Environment
• To work in a safe and healthy manner for the benefit of the cleaner, company personnel, client personnel, other contractors, visitors and members of the public.
• To ensure that statutory requirements, codes of practice and procedures relating to the Health and Safety at Work and any other relevant enhancements are met in full.
• To correctly wear the personal protective equipment supplied in the areas designated for this.
• To maintain and be responsible for the safe use and storage of all cleaning materials and equipment used in the course of his/her duties.
• To report defects, deficiencies or health and safety related issues to the supervisor with minimum delay.
• To display appropriate signage to ensure that occupants of the building are aware of any circumstances that may affect their health and safety whilst cleaning operations are taking place.
• Ensure that the right equipment is correctly used and the Colour coding policy adhered to.
• Undertake regular inspections of all departmental equipment, reporting on the condition of equipment and/or damage.
• Duties may include: cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, mopping and buffing, emptying litter bins and removing waste to designated disposal points, polishing, dusting of designated areas, which include toilet and associated facilities, fixtures and fittings, using the necessary powered equipment, where appropriate and with relevant training.
• Using cleaning machinery, e.g. scrubber/drier floor machines, rotary floor scrubbing machines, vacuum suction cleaners, etc.
• Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals as laid down in the Cleaning Manual
• Using equipment in accordance with the colour coding policy in the Cleaning Manual
• Ensuring that cleaning tasks are carried out in the designated areas during rostered hours, in accordance with the task sheets and procedures issued
• Responding to all spillages during working hours and ensuring areas are made safe in accordance with the Cleaning manual
• Ensuring that all chemicals are securely stored and locked away after use in the designated cleaning cupboards.
• Ensuring premises are secure by closing windows and locking doors, switching off lights and power points as directed and reporting any breach in security to the Domestic Supervisor and/or Helpdesk.
• Ensure the safe disposal of all refuse collected during the cleaning operation.
• Report any failure to complete assigned tasks to the Domestic Supervisor before leaving site
• Adhere to Company dress standards whilst on duty
• Attend training sessions as directed
• The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may Competencies:
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
• Cleaning Supervisor / Area Cleaning Supervisor / Caretaker / Assistant Facilities Manager
• Other company personnel
• Client, including contact with children whilst at work (where applicable)
• Suppliers and subcontractors
CORE QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
• Previous experience of a similar role would be beneficial
• Ability to work without constant supervision
• Customer service skills
• Flexible and positive approach to team working
• Good timekeeping
*******************Full Personal Protective Equipment is provided*********************
In return Bellrock are offering a salary. Working hours are Monday – Friday 6 a.m.-12p.m. based on 30 hours per week and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or alternatively direct to www.bellrockgroup.co.uk
Agencies – Please do not send any speculative candidates or CVs in response to this advert. The Company will not accept any terms and conditions based on a speculative application being sent.