Reporting to: Soft Services Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Janitor based in Giffnock, Glasgow. The key purpose of this role is to be responsible for the maintenance, presentation, and security of the school building and site.
- Janitors may be asked to work in St. Ninian’s High School or Mearns Primary however you may be asked to support other sites
- Manage fire alarm activations and support site in any unwanted fire alarm signals
- Open and close premises and grounds to meet the routine and non-routine requirements of the building occupants including school use and community use.
- Act as key holder, to attend the site in call out for emergencies, taking appropriate action in the case of break-in, theft or fire, including arranging boarding up of broken windows and doors and resetting alarms.
- Monitor standards of contractors on site and inform the Facilities Manager of any deviations.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and cleanliness of the site in order to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for pupils, staff, parents, visitors and other users.
- Maintain general areas of the building (signage and appearance of the building) including external entrance and car park.
- Carry out any routine and planned maintenance requirements and to also carry out planned health and safety checks of the building.
- Ensure all assigned PPMs and remedial works are completed each period.
- Ensure measurable KPI faults are completed in time.
- Ensure necessary paperwork is in place i.e. Method statements, Risk Assessment, Permits, COSHH etc.
- Hands-on assistance when required to carrying out re-lamping, setting up stages etc. and other manual labour.
- Assess any faults or damage, and prioritise any works to be carried out, in consultation with the Facilities Manager.
- Carry out Porterage duties including room setups, relocations and deliveries along with any other porterage duties which may arise.
- Prepare for after normal working hours activities, clearing and cleaning up after these activities and preparing the area for normal use the following day.
- Work occasional overtime to cover the duties of the other caretaker due to sickness, holidays etc.
- Comply with all Bellrock policies and procedures at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as required by the Facilities Manager.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.