Reporting to: Operations Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Junior Estimator based in Sheffield. Bellrock Maintenance & Engineering Services Ltd is a property maintenance company based in Sheffield which delivers refurbishment, maintenance and property repairs services to commercial clients, predominately for the retail/leisure sector & educational sector. The successful applicant will be working closely with Operations Managers and Quantity Surveyors. Key purpose of the role will be to ensure clients receive quotes/estimates within service level agreements ensuring high standards are consistently met together with observing all legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements. On the job training will be provided.
- Assist in the compilation of estimates & quotation requests
- Assist in providing alternative options and solutions to problematic repair and maintenance issues
- Assist in the production of project tenders
- Assess sourcing of plant hire, equipment, materials, labour and sub-contractor costs
- Review and approve sub-contractor quotations
- Communicate professionally with clients and colleagues
- Assist in subcontractor management
- Assisting measuring work in progress using schedule of rates (SORs)
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or clients/customers when necessary
- Build effective working relationships with clients and engineers
Internal & External Customer Relations:
- Always maintain the profession image of the company
- Maintain and build effective relationships with colleagues, clients, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Maintain a flow of timely information to Schedulers and Operation Managers
- Help resolve any client-related issues or disputes
Health & Safety:
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner adhering to company policies, procedures, risk & method statements.
- Report any H&S issues, concerns, bad practice, or non-conformance to Senior Management.
- Understand & comply with companywide policies and procedures
- Fully participate in training activities including e-learning and on-the-job training
- Contribute to departmental meetings and toolbox talks
- Carry out other duties consistent with the post-holder’s knowledge and skills which are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or business goals
- Comply with the Company’s equal opportunities policy and all other policies designed to protect employees or clients from unequal treatment or harassment
- Maths & English GCSE’s at grade C/L4 or above – essential
- Previous experience in construction estimating or similar – desirable
- Relevant construction trade experience – desirable
- Good IT skills – particularly Word and Excel – essential
- Excellent communication skills – essential
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations – essential
- Ability to work independently and perform self-review – essential
- Ability to assess data quickly and make subsequent decisions – essential
- Competence in managing large amounts of information – essential
- The ability to work under pressure and work to deadlines – essential
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking – essential
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Committed and flexible
- Reliability – responsible and dependable.
- Independence – able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to serve the customer at the highest level.
- Solutions orientated
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.