Reporting to: Operations Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Junior Estimator based in Sheffield. The successful applicant will be working closely with Operations Managers and Quantity Surveyors. Key purpose of the role will be to ensure clients receive quotes/estimates within service level agreements ensuring high standards are consistently met together with observing all legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements. On the job training will be provided.
- Assist in the compilation of estimates & quotation requests.
- Assist in providing alternative options and solutions to problematic repair and maintenance issues;
- Assist in the production of project tenders.
- Assess sourcing of plant hire, equipment, materials, labour and sub-contractor costs;
- Review and approve sub-contractor quotations;
- Communicate professionally with clients and colleagues;
- Assist in subcontractor management.
- Assisting measuring work in progress using schedule of rates (SORs).
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or clients/customers when necessary.
- Build effective working relationships with clients and engineers.
Internal & External Customer Relations:
- Always maintain the profession image of the company.
- Maintain and build effective relationships with colleagues, clients, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Maintain a flow of timely information to Schedulers and Operation Managers.
- Help resolve any client-related issues or disputes.
Health & Safety:
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner adhering to company policies, procedures, risk & method statements.
- Report any H&S issues, concerns, bad practice, or non-conformance to Senior Management.
- Understand & comply with companywide policies and procedures.
- Fully participate in training activities including e-learning and on-the-job training.
- Contribute to departmental meetings and toolbox talks.
- Carry out other duties consistent with the post-holder’s knowledge and skills which are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or business goals.
- Comply with the Company’s equal opportunities policy and all other policies designed to protect employees or clients from unequal treatment or harassment.
- Candidates will have a background in construction and will be able to show a genuine interest/reason for wanting to undertake a career in Estimating as well as a sound academic background and confident user of MS Office
- Maths & English GCSE’s at grade C/L4 or above – essential;
- Previous work experience in construction estimating or similar – desirable
- Relevant construction qualification (vocational or academic)– desirable
- Excellent communication skills academic or vocational– essential
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations – essential
- Ability to work independently and perform self-review – essential
- Ability to assess data quickly and make subsequent decisions – essential
- Competence in managing large amounts of information – essential
- The ability to work under pressure and work to deadlines – essential
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking – essential.
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Committed and flexible
- Reliability – responsible and dependable.
- Independence – able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to serve the customer at the highest level.
- Solutions orientated
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.