Would you know if you were over-charged for dilapidations by your landlord?
How can Bellrock help?
- Inspect the property and analyse landlord dilapidation claims either during the lease “interim” or at the end of the lease “terminal”
- Review lease to establish tenant dilapidation liability
- Prepare dilapidation liability assessments
- Project costs for best-case and worst-cast scenarios and advise strategy
- Negotiate with landlord’s surveyor to reduce liabilities & costs
- Assess whether more economic for tenant to carry out building works
- Procure and implement building works if more cost-effective
- Assist in planning exit strategy or new lease negotiation
- Large supermarket retailer served with terminal dilapidation claim in Central London, for the sum of £543k. Following lease review to clarify liabilities, and application of statutory protection provisions, claim settled at £29,500, a saving of 6%
- Leisure goods retailer served with terminal schedule of dilapidations totalling £303k. Review of lease revealed tenant covenants incorrectly applied and tenant not Further, Landlord and Tenant Act 1927 afforded further protection which had not been considered. Claim reduced to nil
- Separate dilapidation claims made against portfolio of seven high street retail stores totalling £364,513 – lease review, site inspections and dilapidation negotiation resulted in overall saving of £221k or 95%
What’s in it for you?
- Only pay costs you are legally liable for
- Challenge high cost estimates
- Resolve negotiations in accordance with Lease and Statutory liability
- Avoid disputes by ensuring you are fully lease compliant
Meet the Experts
Andrew is a Chartered Surveyor with over 25 years' experience in the property sector. He supports asset managers, property owners and occupiers to develop, maintain and operate their portfolio using his extensive knowledge and experience. Andrew combines his technical project management and building surveying expertise with the application of new technologies to deliver robust property advice.
Andrew also works with clients co-ordinating refurbishment and new build construction projects.