Reporting to: Field Operations Manager
The Mechanical Operations Manager will oversee and manage planned, reactive and refurbishment mechanical works within a designated geographical area for multiple clients. The post holder will be responsible for work in progress from quotation through to completion. You will ensure that all works are completed on time, in budget and to the required standard. Managing client expectations will be a key purpose of the role along with supervision of a designated team of mechanical engineers. As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Mechanical Operations Manager based in Darlington.
- Work with designated Scheduler to effectively plan weekly labour within regional area.
- Communicate/clarify a weekly programme of works.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to designated engineers within own area of expertise.
- Provide technical advice and guidance within own area of expertise.
- Identify and address engineer work performance and/or capability issues. Escalate concerns when necessary.
- Carry out toolbox talks and assist with engineer completion of other company prescribed training.
- Communicate, reinforce and embed changes in company policy, practices and procedures within aligned engineers.
Estimating & Quoting
- Attend site meeting.
- Conduct site surveys and recommend a solutions-oriented approach to reactive maintenance issues including second price options.
- Estimate labour, materials and hired plant costs.
- Manage the red report and quote request process.
- Provide clients with timely detailed quotations for reactive maintenance follow-on works.
- Monitor & manage costs to ensure jobs make the required profit margin.
- Assist in resolving billing problems to ensure sales invoices hit monthly sales targets.
- Manage aged orders/reduced old WIP within own geographical/trade area.
Client Relations & Liaison:
- Maintain the profession image of the company at all times. Maintain and build effective relationships with operatives, clients and customers.
- Maintain a flow of timely information to the client both verbally and in writing including progress reports and updates.
- Help resolve any client-related issues or disputes.
- Assist in monitoring practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant SHE legislation and regulations in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee and monitor work to ensure gas reg compliance.
- Monitor the quality of work addressing poor workmanship/snagging with engineers/sub-contractors.
- Report any H&S issues, concerns, bad practice or non-conformance to Senior Management.
- Ensure H&S consideration are built into the design and preparation of reactive maintenance work.
- Preparation of site-specific risk & method statements.
- Participate in the Management call out telephone rota as designated.
- Contribute to departmental meetings and toolbox talks.
- Carry out other duties consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills which are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or business goals.
- Comply with the Company’s equal opportunities policy and all other policies designed to protect employees or clients from unequal treatment or harassment.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of the commercial gas and plumbing industry – essential
- Ability to read drawings and design specifications – essential.
- Qualified Gas Combustion Engineer with current domestic and commercial ACS qualifications – essential
- Evidence of continued professional development – desirable.
- Full driving licence – essential
- Proven supervisory skills – proven ability to lead and manage individual performance -essential
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) – essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – various data input processes -essential
- Coaching & mentoring skills – essential
- Previous contract management experience – essential.
- Good level of commercial acumen – essential.
- Sound understanding of Health, Safety and environmental legislation and working practices – essential.
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Team orientated.
- Commitment to drive and promote health & safety improvements and practices.
- Able to inspire and motivate others.
- Reliability – responsible and dependable.
- Independence – able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Attention to detail – job requires being accurate in interpreting and communicating commercial details. Accurate data input requirements on internal and external works management systems.
- Commitment to serving the customer at the highest level.
- Solutions orientated
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.