Location: Yorkshire and North East
Reporting to: Building Operations Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Multi-skilled Operative based in Yorkshire and North East. Reporting to the Building Operations Manager the key purpose is to deliver property maintenance services in line with all group standards, key performance indicators and targets ensuring high standards are consistently met together with observing all legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake planned & reactive trade-related maintenance tasks within own area of expertise and skills set allocated by the Scheduler and/or appropriate manager.
- Undertake refurbishment tasks including first and second fix joinery.
- Ordering supplier parts via purchase order line.
- Managing van stock as required.
- Participate in the out of hours call out rota as designated.
- Provide recommendations / solution options to rectify faults/maintenance issues.
- Take measurements, estimate labour and identify material requirements for follow-on works via the red reporting system.
- Provide support to other trades when required.
- Provide timely, accurate electronic worksheets and timesheets.
- Provide timely, accurate paper-based requirements.
- Provide detailed red reports.
- Provide before and after photographic images on work carried out.
- Ensure 100 percent adherence to client scanning on/off requirements.
- Maintain and exercise divergence with company plant / equipment – promptly highlighting defectives to line managers when necessary.
- Driving in a safe and diligent manner observing road traffic legislation.
Internal & External Customer Relations
- Maintain the profession image of the company at all times.
- Maintain and build effective relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
- Maintain a flow of timely information to Schedulers, Service and Operation Managers.
- Help resolve any client-related issues or disputes.
- Ensure work areas are left clean & tidy.
Health & Safety
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner adhering to company policies, procedures, risk & method statements.
- Assist in monitoring practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant SHE legislation and regulations.
- Report any H&S issues, concerns, bad practice, or non-conformance to Senior Management.
- Undertake robust site-specific risk assessments.
- Understand & comply with companywide policies and procedures.
- Fully participate in training activities including e-learning.
- Contribute to departmental meetings and toolbox talks.
- Carry out other duties consistent with the post-holder’s knowledge and skills which are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or business goals.
- Comply with the Company’s equal opportunities policy and all other policies designed to protect employees or clients from unequal treatment or harassment.
- Good standard of first & second fix joinery skills – essential
- basic competency in using technology – email and the use of tablets for internal software system.
- Proven multi-skilled competencies.
- NVQ or craft-related qualification at Level 2 or above – desirable.
- Full driving licence – essential.
- Sound understanding of Health, Safety and environmental legislation and working practices – essential.
- Ability to work at heights
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) – essential
- Must be able to cover emergency call outs (evenings, weekends, and bank holidays on a rota basis).
Core Qualities and Attributes:
- Committed and flexible
- Team orientated.
- Reliability – responsible and dependable.
- Independence – able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to serve the customer at the highest level.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.