Reporting to: Purchasing Team Leader
The opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Administrator based in Sheffield. To purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery. Ensure continuity of supply.
- Assist in covering the purchase order telephone line – take inbound calls from engineers wishing to purchase goods from key suppliers.
- Raise purchase orders for goods – liaising with suppliers and colleagues for checking quantities and price.
- Liaise with managers and others to obtain quotations from key suppliers.
- Assisting in the management of hired plant & machinery.
- Escalate/communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Manage stock levels of PPE & uniforms.
- Ordering stationery and refreshment supplies.
- Communicating with suppliers regarding outstanding quotations or orders
- Carry out other duties consistent with the post-holder’s knowledge and skills which are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or business goals.
- Participate on the out of hours call out rota when it is your turn to do so defined by the current rota schedule.
- Comply with all company policy and procedures, legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal).
- Competent administrator.
- Basic numeracy capability.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Reliability – responsible and dependable.
- Independence – able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Attention to detail – job requires being accurate in interpreting and communicating commercial details. Accurate data input requirements on internal and external work management systems.
- Commitment to serving colleagues at the highest level.
- Basic level of commercial and financial acumen.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.