Reporting to: Managing Director
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Principle Software Engineer based in both from home and the Warrington office. The Principle Software Engineer is responsible for the design, delivery and overall quality of software products built by the Concerto software development team. Moreover, they will provide guidance, support and coaching on complex technical challenges and successfully deliver multiple projects on time and to budget.
The Principle Software Engineer is also responsible for setting industry best practises for software development methodologies and selecting appropriate technology to underpin the Concerto product offering, ensuring that the output from the team meets a consistently high standard. Although a nonclient facing role, the Principle Software Engineer must be able to represent the Concerto team in technology discussions with 3rd party hardware/software providers and customers and provide technical support to other company personnel when required. As a key ambassador for the organisation, you will be an expert in our products and services and use your knowledge and experience to drive forward the Concerto product and relating technology roadmap.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead in the design of new products and features which result in high performing, scalable, SaaS products in collaboration with other key technical and business stakeholders
- To assist in defining the team’s technical strategy and advise on product roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals
- Provide support, coaching and guidance to the software development team to solve a variety of technical and software related problems
- Be an expert in C#, SQL and .NET technologies including industry best practise design patterns, paradigms and platforms
- To support and help shape shared platform components and technologies within Concerto
- To design and develop reusable Components and APIs for use across the Concerto platform
- Remain up to date with the latest technology/innovations and apply commercial acumen when deciding upon technical approach
- Jointly own, with DevOps, the operational stability of the components you build and be able to affect change to improve the on-going robustness, resiliency and stability of those components
- Assist in technical audits and ensure resulting recommendations are considered and implemented • Recruit and lead a highly skilled and high performing software development team
- The Principal Software Engineer will be vital to building the software engineering culture in the team and the wider technology function, so you will need to be an outstanding communicator.
- Working with product owners, subject matter experts and business analysts to provide your team with clear and testable design documentation
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in software development, focussing on C# .NET technologies both UI and back-end services along with a strong understanding of architecture and data management
- Minimum of 5 years in a lead/architecture role designing scalable software solutions whilst managing a team of software engineers
- Significant Experience with front-end technologies and patterns such as JS, TypeScript, SCSS, Vue, Bootstrap, HTML, MVVM, OpenApi and related tooling
- Significant Experience with SQL Queries and SQL Server including design, development, and data processing OLTP, batch processing, ETL, reporting, ORMs such as EF and Dapper
- Deep understanding of software development deployment architectures and experience working within Azure or other public cloud environment
- Good understanding of industry best practise security principles such as OWASP
- Setup/Run an Agile Development Methodology, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Processes and Tools
- Confident in recruiting and training highly skilled software engineers
- Act as “go to” person for all software/technical issues
- Be exceptional at understanding and troubleshooting complex technical problems
- Ability to absorb New Product / Service Knowledge
- Can co-operate and communicate with both technical and nontechnical team members
- Target Driven with the ability to plan and schedule multiple development projects
- Strong Relationship Builder and team player
- Experience interfacing with external APIs and embedded devices (e.g. IoT devices, third party APIs) • Experience in developing cross platform mobile apps in Xamarin
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.