Reporting to: Technical Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Shift Engineer based in London. The successful candidate will have a strong commercial background, ideally qualified to NVQ/City & Guilds level 3 in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or an equivalent. They will be expected to integrate into a team of engineers and have a flexible attitude towards work, as well as supporting the wider business. (3 days on 3 off x 2, 3 nights on 3 off x 2, rotating shift pattern)
- Working closely with Management team to drive efficiency into all areas of building engineering services.
- Provide a reactive and proactive compliant maintenance service
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to optimum performance
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met
- Carry out modifications and installations when required
- Liaise with sub-contractors and external suppliers
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure they are maintained to an appropriate standard
- Liaise with client/management
- Minimum NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 qualification in relevant engineering maintenance (mechanical or electrical)
- 17th or 18th edition (desirable)
- F gas knowledge (desirable)
- Previous maintenance experience in a commercial environment
- Be flexible towards work & carry out duties that may not be specific to your trade
- Very well presented
- Client facing experience (desirable)
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Excellent knowledge of building engineering systems supported by technical qualifications in an engineering/building services discipline
- Proven track record in building services and plant engineering; experience in resolving maintenance technical issues and in managing multiple projects
- Strongly Client focused, able to take ownership of work and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- A flexible approach in order to effectively undertake the requirements of this role
- Relevant evidence of competency for H&S
- Exceptional attention to detail under pressure
- Organised, proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent report processing; both planned and reactive
- Ability to find creative solutions to ad hoc requests
- Knowledge transfer; mentoring younger, less experienced team members.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.