Location: Beckton London
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Site Supervisor based in Beckton, London. Reporting to Facilities Manager, the Site Supervisor is the key Bellrock staff member on site and the contact point for all service staff and contractors and will be expected to work with them to efficiently manage all on site services. The Site Supervisor will be expected to work to a shift pattern covering the hours 6:30 am until 21.30. The Site Supervisor will also be expected to act as a key holder and may be asked to participate in a (paid) standby and callout rota.
The Site Supervisor is not responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the premises, however will be required to carry out the following:
- Minor repairs
- Assist in the event of an emergency
- Snow clearing/gritting for frost
- Assist in fire alarm testing
- Meter reading
- Graffiti removal
- Liaise with SGP Help Desk to close down jobs
The Site Supervisor is responsible for some aspects of security of the site and for taking all reasonable steps to minimize loss or damage to the property, its employees or other users of the site. Security responsibilities include:
- Secure the building and lock all doors at the end of the day
- Set and reset intruder alarms
- Report faults to FM team
- Respond to report of intruders
- Lock and unlock classrooms as required
- Assist in building evacuation in accordance with the evacuation procedures
- Respond to out-of hour alarm call outs if requested
- Checking exterior lighting
- Unlocking car park gates
- Out of hours reception
- Key holding duties
Where cleaning is carried out by contractors, the Site Supervisor will be the on site client representative for the school cleaning contract, with delegated responsibility for monitoring and liaison with the contractor. During the period of the contract s/he may be asked to monitor/inspect the quality and frequency of the work on a regular basis, maintain all monitoring records in accordance with the specification for the contract, and undertake any additional cleaning that may be necessary and janitorial services.
Together with the Senior Management Team and the Health and Safety staff representative for the site, the Site Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance of a safe, secure and healthy environment under the direction of the Senior Site Supervisor/Facilities Manager. This will include advising contractors or workers on site of local Health and Safety and Fire regulations and adhering to Risk Assessments.
The Site Supervisor will be responsible to the Senior Site Supervisor/Facilities Manager for other services associated with the efficient running of the site; which include receiving and where necessary the distribution of all deliveries including mail, the distribution of goods, materials and equipment, the movement of all furniture and equipment, litter picking, checking sports/grounds for rubbish, waste and sharps and emptying of waste bins. They will also ensure that all site records and building check logs are complete and up to date.
The Site Supervisor will be required to meet and relate to pupils, teachers, management, parents, contractors, members of the public etc. The Site Supervisor must be able to deal with all people in a polite courteous manner. Similarly the Site Supervisor will be required to fill out forms, requisitions, time sheets etc. and to communicate in writing to a variety of different people.
The Site Supervisor will carry out such other duties consistent with the exigencies of the service as may be required on a day-to-day basis by the Senior Site Supervisor/Facilities Manager.
Competencies, Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing i.e. clearly and concisely.
- To oversee contractors, have good record keeping skills and the ability to report outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate a competent standard of numeracy.
- Ability to demonstrate staff supervisory skills where necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels whilst demonstrating a flexible approach.
- Understanding of building maintenance requirements and the ability to undertake minor repairs.
- Ability to carry out cleaning functions as indicated and operate appropriate machinery.
- To have a good understanding of Health and Safety issues.
- Possess experience in Manual Handling.
- Have the ability to deal with a wide range of people in a sensitive, courteous and calm manner.
- To have the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To be willing to attend training courses as and when identified.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.