Location: Beckton, London
Reporting to: Senior Site Supervisor
The opportunity has arisen a Site Technician based in Beckton, London. The key purpose of this role is to assist the Senior Site Supervisor with the day to day duties, efficient management of all on-site services and maintaining the good order and cleanliness of the school as directed by the Site Manager.
- Ensuring availability of the school during the required times.
- Responsibility for maintaining the good order and cleanliness of the school as directed by the Site Manager.
- Carrying out first line defence for all emergency repairs & spillages.
- Supervision of visiting Bellrock South MIE team, grounds maintenance team and sub-contractors.
- Reporting to the FM Help Desk the needs in respect of maintenance, security, Health & Safety.
- Operation of site security systems, including opening and closing at the beginning and end of the school day.
- Responding to emergencies as necessary, in order to provide satisfactory security arrangements. Liaison with police and emergency services as necessary.
- To provide holiday cover for other Site Supervisors.
- Clearing snow and ice from paths and access routes.
- Supporting & Supervising the cleaning staff or sub-contractor. Providing required weekly audit reports to FM office,
- Complying with Health & Safety and monitor others visiting the site. Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) tasks as detailed in maintenance procedures, within the scope of capabilities.
- Assisting in ensuring all rooms are available for use so that Bellrock achieve the contract SLA/KPl’s.
- Fostering good relationships and provide attendance and support to third party users. Ensure that the furniture is replaced following the letting and rooms are clean.
- Organising and carry out where necessary those porter duties including the moving of equipment and furniture. Setting up and preparing rooms which will secure the most efficient use of resources. Removing graffiti within contract timescales.
- Undertaking meter readings/temperature readings and record as directed by the Senior Site Supervisor.
- Provision of required reports and paperwork including; daily work sheet, grounds maintenance audits, Health &Safety audit, temperature reports, vandalism reports, etc.
- Minor maintenance to the buildings, including painting and effecting necessary repairs to the fabric- permanent and temporary to ensure the smooth running of the school, identifying necessary improvements i.e, broken windows, plumbing, general maintenance, minor decorations and other miscellaneous items of work.
- Attend First Aid training courses.
- Attend fire safety training courses.
- Attend any other training courses as directed.
- Participate in weekend and Bank Holiday emergency call-out arrangements.
- To undertake such other duties commensurate with your grade as may be reasonably required.
- You may be asked to provide cover or visit other sites within the project.
Competencies, Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing i.e. clearly and concisely.
- To oversee contractors, have good record keeping skills and the ability to report outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate a competent standard of numeracy.
- Ability to demonstrate staff supervisory skills where necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels whilst demonstrating a flexible approach.
- Understanding of building maintenance requirements and the ability to undertake minor repairs.
- Ability to carry out cleaning functions as indicated and operate appropriate machinery.
- To have a good understanding of Health and Safety issues.
- Possess experience in Manual Handling.
- Have the ability to deal with a wide range of people in a sensitive, courteous and calm manner.
- To have the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To be willing to attend training courses as and when identified.
In return Bellrock are offering a salary of £23,200 per year. You will be working on a rotational shift pattern: Working hours are 37.5 per week, worked over Monday to Friday, between hours 6.30 a.m. to 9.30 p.m. and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.