Location: Home Based
Reports to: MD Workplace and Compliance Services
The opportunity has arisen for a Technical and Compliance Manager to join Workplace and Compliance Team at our Head Office in Leicester. The key purpose of the role to act WCS Technical and Compliance Manager across contracts ensuring through direct and sub contracted teams an efficient, effective and pro-active approach to the management of the facilities compliance in line with Bellrock’s contractual obligations. This role would be home based and would involve contracts located across the UK
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance documents for all FM services relevant to these contracts
- Ensure Statutory Compliance in all areas that meet SFG20, HTM and/or SHTM, furthermore that include insurance legislative inspections
- Monitoring the type of occupancy of the facilities, ensuring compliance with the respective statutory regulation, mandatory legislation and recognised best practice in consultation with the FM, Contract Manager and clients as appropriate.
- Ensure service provision monitoring is carried out by the FM or Contract Manager for all relevant services which will include: cleaning, helpdesk, security, grounds, caretaking services, waste management, energy management and maintenance management.
- Ensure that contracts maintain H & S Audits and Risk Assessments for contractors in line with contract and Bellrock requirements and close remedials
- If required prepare and produce project reports
- Assist FM or Contract Managers in completing their duties by guiding and mentoring as appropriate
- Verify the contracts delivery of an effective Planned Preventative Maintenance Programme
- Assist FM or Contract Managers with the performance management of assigned and direct contracts to ensure all technical KPI’s are met
- Provide monthly reports relating to areas of compliance and any other report required by the Client (and Lift Co) in accordance with the contract when requested to do so by the Regional Director or MD.
- Review the performance of all subcontractors necessary to the effective day to day delivery of the maintenance and PPM service, and liaise with Bellrock procurement and planning as necessary in consultation with the FM or Contract Manager
- Become familiar with the Concerto CAFM system and utilise to ensure that an overview of contract performance can be monitored, gauged and managed
- Be prepared to deliver comprehensive MI reporting information to the WCS MD
- Measure and monitor statutory compliance across the whole portfolio and provide detailed reporting and analysis on trends together with improvement plans.
- Conduct regular maintenance engineering audits and project records to ensure that high standards are upheld throughout
- Manage and monitor the PPM schedule
- Technical advice and authorising person
- Lifecycle and forward maintenance regime advice
- Assist MD and Sector leads in reporting engineering issues to ensure they are fully briefed with regard to budgets, control of expenditure and any potentially contentious issues arising within the buildings.
- Carry out initial risk on compliance across the whole portfolio and create recovery plan of necessary
- Implement SSOW procedure alongside the QSHE Director
- Check next due dates for statutory tasks before loading PPM planner and that they meet specific requirements, SFG20 and or HTM
- Review First Aid and Fire Evacuation procedures and advise Supply Chain Manager, SDM’s and Business Analyst
- Review WRA/FRA written schemes on an annual basis
- Review RAMs / COSHH policy and evaluate annually
- Attend monthly/quarterly management meetings as and when required
- When directed by Regional Directors manage relationships between all stakeholders
- Ensure requests for additional services, variations and CCRs are priced and documented in line with the contractual requirements with the relevant Opex and lifecycle applied when applicable, by supporting the FM or Contract Manager
Requirements and Experience
- Good knowledge of working practices in the delivery of compliance
- Experience working on multi-site or large FM contracts that require regular reporting
- Experience of auditing in Corporate, Healthcare and Education environments
- Understands the importance of client relationships in the environment of change.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to communicate at various levels both internally and externally
- Clearly articulate succinctly difficult or complex information
- Health and Safety qualifications
- Engineering qualifications across M and E activity/ bias
CORE QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Challenges others to develop whilst acting as a role model and mentor.
- Inspires others to attain goals and peruse excellence.
- Excellent active listener.
- Problem solving and route cause identification.
- Flexible and creative.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Commitment to Bellrock business values.
- Able to manage and develop challenging relationships
- Innovative and Forward thinking
In return Bellrock are offering a competitive. Working hours are Monday – Friday based on 37.5 hours per week and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.