Location: Home Based
Reporting to: Head of Bidding & Solutions
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Bid Manager Role working from home. As a strong writer with great organisational skills, the Bid Manager will prepare winning bid responses across a variety of FM contracts in the Public and Private Sectors, as well as taking ownership for the end to end bid process. They will be required to work closely with other business departments to develop competitive solutions and be a champion for our internal Gating and Governance Processes. After bid submission, the Bid Manager remains involved through the presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented to the Head of Bidding and, where required, the wider business. The Bid Manager may sometimes be engaged in the earlier stages of the sales cycle, supporting the Business Development Managers with Soft Market Tests and Pre-Tender Engagements.
- Manage the end-to-end bid process
- Manage inputs from key stakeholders across the wider business
- Work with the Business Development Director to develop a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling
- Work with the Head of Commercial and the Estimators to understand commercial complexities and support solution development
- Take ownership of the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation
- Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines
- Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Co-ordinate and plan all client presentations required as part of the bid submission
- Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers
- Support the management and monitoring of our BD Mailbox: circulating clarification responses and identifying potential opportunities.
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years in a bidding environment
- FM background preferred, however not essential
- APMP Foundation preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Very strong writing skills to be able to construct high quality, complex narratives and convey complex ideas simply and clearly
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to think and work pro-actively and creatively under pressure
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.