Reporting to: Regional Facilities Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for the Building Manager to join our Facilities Management Services based in Reading. Building manager will be overseeing the safety and maintenance of the recently refurbished Plaza and ensuring that the property will follow all applicable regulations. Recommending and coordinating improvements to the property as needed to ensure a safe, functional, and appealing space. This role is ideal for the individual who is Service orientated and actively looking for ways to help customers, provide knowledge of the building to the occupiers and visitors. To assist with social awareness and encourage use of facilities and engage in local events to help inspire and coordinate occupier’s wellbeing and health through use of facilities internally and externally with the support of the Front of House organisation.
- Maintaining a safe environment with proper lighting, signage, and disability access
- Drafting and updating emergency plans and evacuation procedures
- Overseeing security, fire prevention, and other safety systems
- Scheduling regular building maintenance and cleaning services
- Contracting professionals for fabric repairs as needed
- Ensuring that occupants are provided with proper working utilities
- Monitoring building maintenance budgets through our software
- Arranging for building improvements using Asset Operating Plan’s
- Overseeing contractors and inspecting completed jobs using Safe Systems of Work.
- Supervising grounds staff and nurturing behaviours
- Hiring contractors as needed to maintain, repair, or improve the property
- Providing training for building employees as needed
- Evaluating employee performance and providing direction, correction, or additional training to ensure proper maintenance of the building
- Scheduling contractors and employees to match the building functionality
- Resolving complaints, problems, and requests from building tenants through clear communication and occupier meetings.
- Assisting with emergency response and evacuations
- Maintaining records of compliance through compliance software
- Inspecting the building frequently for signs of damage or wear
- Conduct H&S Audits and risk assessments on contractors
- Concierge of all visitors and local knowledge of surrounding areas
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Customer Service Experience
- Management Experience
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Maintenance Experience
- Understanding of Building Codes and Safety Regulations
- Ability to Set and Meet Goals
- Results Oriented Behaviour
- On-the-Job Experience
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills, Second Language Fluency a Plus (Welsh Speaker)
- Health and Safety Qualifications
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or alternatively direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.