Reporting to: Facilities Manager
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Caretaker to join our onsite team at Bolton. The main purpose of the role is to aid and assist the Facilities Manager in delivering all services, ensuring compliance and contractual obligations are met throughout, whilst maintaining an efficient and operational building. To undertake a wide range of site housekeeping and general labouring type duties, including reactive daytime cleaning, porterage, security and maintenance.
- To aid delivery of all services in line with the contractual obligations
- To undertake the movement of furniture, delivery’s stores and equipment as required
- Carry out non-routine ‘daytime cleaning’ tasks such as spillages, as required
- Open premises, facilities and grounds to meet the routine and non-routine requirements of the building occupants on a daily basis
- Locking premises as required
- Carry out emergency repairs to ensure the building security is maintained
- Ensure that all hard surfaced areas are free from weeds (without the use of chemicals) and litter as far as is reasonably practicable and ensure that drain gullies remain free flowing and clean
- Cleaning of all external hard areas
- Cleaning of all low level windows as required
- Distribute rock salt on pathways, driveways, roads, steps and play areas in anticipation of, and during adverse weather conditions.
- Snow clearance as necessary
- Removal of graffiti from outside walls of school building
- Assist with general maintenance tasks as required
- Ensuring correct procedures are followed concerning HR policies
- Attend any training, both statutory and mandatory, in-line with Bellrock’s legal responsibilities
- Ensure that working areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Identify and report potential safety and security issues
- Carry out security procedures for the building, facilities and grounds, i.e security inspections, lock /unlock doors as instructed by the contract manager, activate/deactivate automated alarm equipment, identify repairs, suspicious occurrences and liaise with contract manager on any issues
- Operation of the heating plant so that adequate temperatures can be maintained in the premises and that a supply of hot water is provided within the statutory temperature range.
- Carry out routine operating procedures and site inspections on ancillary equipment or facilities
- Operating the water, electricity and heating systems to specified standards ensuring conservation measures are taken.
- Maintenance of paint, timber and general supplies ensuring adequate stock levels at all times.
- Advise Contract manager/Administrator when sub-contractor services are required
- Direct contractors to site, ensuring their needs are met with regards to access. Clear areas, availability of services, parking plant positioning, security etc. to the satisfaction of both the contractor and the contract manager.
- Monitor standards of contractors on-site and inform the Contract Manager of any deviation from the standards
- Take delivery of stores, materials and other goods and ensure that they are stored correctly.
- Monitoring the sports pitches and grounds, report any instances of works required to the Contract Manager/Reception
Required Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety within FM environment, Ability to work unsupervised as well as working as part of a team
- Experience of caretaking, cleaning and security
- Interpersonal skills
- Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery-attention to detail is essential
- Able to work under pressure
Interaction with others:
- Daily contact with Contract Manager and reception regarding day to day activities
- Working environment where children may be present a Disclosure and barring service check is required.
Week 1: Monday to Friday 13:30-22:00 Saturday: 07:00-11:00
Week 2: Monday to Friday 8:00-16:30
Week 3: Monday to Friday 13:30-22:00
Week 4: Monday to Friday 08:00-16:00
In return Bellrock are offering a competitive salary Circa. Working hours are Monday – Friday based on 40 hours per week and 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or alternatively direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.