Location: Home Based
Reports to: Fire Consultancy Lead
The opportunity has arisen for a Senior Fire Safety Consultant to join our Fire Safety Team.
Key purpose of the role:
- Support development of Fire Division. This incorporates driving sustainable growth, statutory compliance and governance, retention and development of our client base.
- Assist in growing the customer base so that the Technical and Real Estate Services Department (TRE) positively contributes to the growth and financial performance of the business overall.
- Key role within the Fire Consultancy service within the Fire Division, ensuring that the company culture and behaviours are always displayed
- Act as Project Manager with overall responsibility on large scale consultancy projects
- Attend and chair client pre-start meetings, and manage the work of other consultants
- Undertake report quality assurance prior to issuing to client
- Working collaboratively with other people across the other divisions to achieve TRE targets and present a seamless approach to clients.
- Ensure the delivery of a professional and exceptional service to clients.
- Quality Management and support development of the Fire Division, working with the Principal Fire Consultant
- Develop customer relationships with both existing and potential clients through fully understanding their requirements. Assist with the preparation of proposals and commercial/service propositions where required.
- Develop network and work collaboratively with all contacts, working closely with them to manage and offer new business activity for all services across the business but with focus on TRE services, ensuring this is applied to all new opportunities.
- Attend and contribute to Fire Division CPD Meetings
- Support development of colleagues where appropriate so they have the skills and motivation to undertake their roles.
Requirements and Experience
- Strong strategic thinking abilities. Translates broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans. Aligns resources, processes and systems to support strategic priorities. Demonstrates a broad-based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of the longer-term impact and wider implications.
- Creates new and imaginative approaches to work related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
- Personal motivation – commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and career commitment.
- Deep knowledge of the Fire Safety market, with at least 8+ years direct experience
- Extensive experience preparing fire strategies and consultancy reports including complexed and non-code compliant building situations
Core qualities and attributes
- High degree of direction, self-reliance, assertiveness and the ability to hit the ground running
- Interprets business needs and champions decisive action.
- Ability to challenge positively and debate confidently.
- Resolves difficult issues using appropriate conflict resolution techniques
- Strong planning, communication and people skills together with a “hands-on” approach.
- Excellent stakeholder/client management skills, with the ability to quickly demonstrate an understanding of Bellrock’s business and clients’ business and the market dynamics in which we operate.
- Ability to influence diverse groups and engage both internally and externally.
- Displays an entrepreneurial approach to business, constantly seeking opportunities for growth.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good negotiation skills based on strong commercial/financial acumen.
- Proven track-record in delivering challenging projects to completion.
- Passion and enthusiasm to succeed.
- Promotes a culture where individuals feel enabled to make decisions and act on them.
Required Professional Accreditation
- IFE risk assessor register (ideal)
- Fire related degree
- Masters degree (ideal)
- Minimum Incorporated Engineer (IEng), ideal Chartered Fire Engineer (CEng)
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme, Private Life Insurance and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or alternatively directly to email@example.com