Reporting to: Facilities Manager
As part of our continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Site Technician based in Solihull. The key purpose to be responsible for the maintenance, presentation, and security of the school building and site.
- Open and close premises and grounds to meet the routine and non-routine requirements of the building occupants.
- When acting as key holder, to attend the site in emergencies, taking appropriate action in the case of break-in, theft or fire, including arranging boarding up of broken windows and doors and resetting alarms. (Following notification from Cava Guard Security)
- Monitor standards of contractors on site and inform the Facilities Manager of any deviations.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and cleanliness of the site in order to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for pupils, staff, parents, visitors and other users.
- Ensure all assigned PPMs and remedial works are completed each period.
- Ensure measurable KPI faults are completed in time.
- Ensure necessary paperwork is in place i.e. Method statements, Risk Assessment, Permits, COSHH etc. (Authority to Work)
- Assess any faults or damage, and prioritise any works to be carried out, in consultation with
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring health and safety standards are met and ensuring compliance with all legislative and company health and safety requirements.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as required by the Facilities Manager.
Skills / Experience:
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Able to demonstrate good levels of customer service.
- A level head and excellent timekeeping, team working and reliability are essential.
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’ and act as the first point of contact on a wide range of issues involved in the running of the building.
- Ability to follow procedures and work on own initiative.
- Flexible approach to working hours which include early mornings, late evenings and possibly weekends.
- Hands on general maintenance skills.
- Enhanced DBS required.
In addition to this Bellrock also offers the successful candidate employer contributed pension scheme and a Company Retail Discount Scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter via the link or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.